Growing work pressure and daily life tension and hectic schedules leave serious consequences on the health of many of us. Sedentary lifestyle is yet another reason that has added to the health problems of people. But following just few health tips can make you Feel younger and more energized keeping you active all day. From eating more leafy greens to walking more often, these little changes in your life style can bring big positive changes in your health and fitness. Try to inculcate these changes in your daily life and you will find a great improvement.
Friday 28 March 2014
Monday 24 March 2014
Eating a healthy and balanced diet is the only mantra to happy and healthy living. Healthy eating maintains energy, and gives you a healthy immune system. But most of us have a misconception that a balanced diet means to completely omit some type of food from your diet. Whereas the reality is that actually balance diet means to eat everything you want to but in right proportions and combinations. Any type of food may it be carbohydrates , fats or proteins has to be taken in a limit as excess of anything is bad.
Tuesday 18 March 2014
When it comes to a healthy diet, balance is the key to getting it right. This means eating a wide variety of foods in the right proportions, and consuming the right amount of food and drink to achieve and maintain a healthy body weight. Actual funda is that our body should get all the nutrients it requires.
Reeveta- meets all your dietary requirements
But in today’s modern lifestyle we tend to eat more of junk food and less of healthy nutritious food which leads to deficiency of essential nutrients. And moreover the green leafy vegetables and fruits we eat are mostly adulterated and not provide as much nutrition as they should. All these factors add to nutritional deficiency. In such case it is must to have dietary supplements which can give proper nutrition to body. Reeveta is one such most trusted nutritional supplement which has best compositions of all vitamins and minerals required by our body. Its ingredients form a balanced diet which completes the nutritional demand of body. Reeveta comes with an added advantage of Ginseng which is a wonder herb. Reeveta gives you a power packed dose of energy and keeps you fit and active whole day.
But along with Reeveta it is mandatory to eat right balance of the five main food groups, take a look at the food groups and see how much of what you eat should come from each food group. All the food we eat can be divided into five groups. Try to choose a variety of different foods from the first four groups.
· Fruit and vegetables-Fruit and vegetables are a vital source of vitamins and minerals. It's advised that we eat five portions of a variety of fruit and vegetables a day. Just one apple, banana, pear or similar-sized fruit is one portion. A slice of pineapple or melon is one portion. Three heaped tablespoons of vegetables is another portion.
· Starchy foods-Starchy foods should make up around one third of everything we eat. This means we should base our meals on these foods. Potatoes are an excellent choice of a starchy food and a good source of fibre. Leave the skins on where possible to keep in more of the fibre and vitamins. Try to choose wholegrain or wholemeal varieties of starchy foods, such as brown rice, whole-wheat pasta and brown wholemeal bread. They contain more fibre (often referred to as 'roughage'), and usually more vitamins and minerals than white varieties.
· Meat, fish, eggs and beans-These foods are all good sources of protein, which is essential for growth and repair of the body. They are also good sources of a range of vitamins and minerals. Meat is a good source of protein, vitamins and minerals such as iron, zinc and B vitamins. It is also one of the main sources of vitamin B12. Try to eat lean cuts of meat and skinless poultry whenever possible to cut down on fat. Fish is another important source of protein, and contains many vitamins and minerals. Oily fish is particularly rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Aim for at least two portions of fish a week, including one portion of oily fish. Eggs and pulses (including beans, nuts and seeds) are also great sources of protein. Nuts are high in fibre and a good alternative to snacks high in saturated fat, but they do still contain high levels of fat, so eat them in moderation.
· Milk and dairy foods-Milk and dairy foods such as cheese and yoghurt are good sources of protein. They also contain calcium, which helps to keep your bones healthy. To enjoy the health benefits of dairy without eating too much fat, use semi-skimmed milk, skimmed milk or 1% fat milks, low-fat cheese or cottage cheese, and lower-fat yoghurt.
· Fat and sugar- Most people eat too much fat and too much sugar. Fats and sugar are both sources of energy for the body, but when we eat too much of them we consume more energy than we burn, and this can mean that we put on weight. This can lead to obesity, which increases our risk of type 2 diabetes, certain cancers, heart disease and stroke. Sugar occurs naturally in foods such as fruit and milk, but we don't need to cut down on these types of sugar. Most of us need to cut down on foods with added sugar.